Peter Hall School welcomes students ages 4 to 21 who have intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or psychopathological disorders. Students may also have physical disabilities. Most of our students are referred to us by schoolboards in the Greater Montreal Area.
Interested parents are encouraged to contact us to schedule an appointment to visit the school. We will be happy to give you a private tour and explain our various educational programs and complementary services.
At the visit, you will receive an admissions package. Once we receive your completed application, we will contact you for an admission screening.
For more information or to request a school visit, please contact Sherilyn Ami, Director of Educational Services.
We look forward to meeting you and your child!
To apply for admission, please follow the steps below:
- Inform your local school board that you are applying for admission to Peter Hall School.
- Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for Instruction in English, if you do not already have one.
- Complete and provide the following documents:
- Application and Authorization for Admission Request Form
- Admission Questionnaire for Parents Proof of application for the Certificate of Eligibility for Instruction in English
- Psychological or psychiatric evaluation* that indicates the diagnosis
*If an evaluation is in progress or if your child has not yet been evaluated , please contact Sherilyn Ami, Director of Educational Services, at 514-510-2030
- If your child has been attending school or received other services, please include:
- School evaluations (report cards, IEP, etc.)
- Professional evaluations and reports (speech and language therapy report, occupational therapy report, etc.)
- Any other report that may be useful in helping us get to know your child
Send all documents to:
Peter Hall School
840 Côte-Vertu Blvd.
Saint-Laurent, QC H4L 1Y4
Once we have received your documents, the Department of Educational Services will contact you to schedule an admission screening with your child. Admission screenings are typically held from April to June for the following school year.
The meeting lasts approximately 2 hours. During this time, your child will be screened by our team of professionals.
Please bring the following documents to the admission screening:
- Original birth certificate* for your child
*If the original is not in English or French, you must provide a certified English or French translation of the birth certificate.
- Original immigration documents for you and your child, if born outside Canada (e.g. Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent resident card, valid work visa or study permit for parents)
- Proof of Quebec residency for parents (e.g. electricity bill, municipal tax bill, valid driver’s licence)
- Original Certificate of Eligibility for Instruction in English
- Quebec health insurance card for your child
- Vaccination booklet
- A list of all prescribed medication for your child, if applicable
- Recent photo of your child
- Medical examination form. This form does not need to be completed before the meeting. However, it must be completed before the school year begins.
* We will photocopy all original documents.
Peter Hall School is a private school that is subsidized by the ministère de l’Enseignement et de l’Éducation supérieure. This funding allows us to provide services at a cost that is comparable to the public sector. Parents are required to pay a yearly lunchtime supervision fee and a school material fee.
Parents must provide their child’s lunch and snacks. Parents may occasionally be asked to pay for special activities, such as field trips.
Students receive daily bus service to and from their home at no extra cost.
If you wish to visit the school or if you would like more information about the admission process, our programs or our services, please contact:
Director of Educational Services